- The ancient Persians admired ostrich eggs. They sent them as tributes to the emperors of China.
- It takes four hours to hard boil a 30-pound ostrich egg. One ostrich egg can make an omelet large enough to feed eight hungry people.
- An adult male ostrich can weigh up to 345lbs and be 9ft tall.
- Diodorus of Sicily, a historian of the first century BC, believed the ostrich was the missing link between birds and camels. That makes about as much sense as today’s theory of evolution. Perhaps Darwin stole his ideas from Diodorus.
- In a survey of 200 thousand ostriches over eight years, not one tried to bury its head in the sand 😁.